: virtual(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /home/minhome/community/terms.php
on line 15
MinistryHome is a social networking service that allows Members to create unique personal profiles online in order to find and communicate with others interested in their volunteer activity. The Services offered by MinistryHome ("MinistryHome.org" or "we") include the MinistryHome Community (the "Community"), MinistryHome websites ("mhSites") and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by MinistryHome in connection with the Website (collectively, the "Services").
MinistryHome may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by MinistryHome on the Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the Services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Please choose carefully the information you post on MinistryHome and that you provide to other Users. Your MinistryHome profile may not include the following items: photographs containing nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter. Despite this prohibition, information provided by other MinistryHome Members (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, products or services, and MinistryHome assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of misuse of the Services by any person, please contact MinistryHome or email abuse@MinistryHome.org, Subject: Abuse of Services.
MinistryHome reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including email) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
Use of and Membership in the Services is void where prohibited. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 14 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 14 years of age.
This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by emailing support@MinistryHome.org, Subject: Cancel Services. MinistryHome may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect, including sections 5-17.
You acknowledge that MinistryHome reserves the right to charge for the Services and to change its fees from time to time in its discretion. If MinistryHome terminates your Membership because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of subscription fees.
When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify MinistryHome immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
Non-commercial Use by Members.
The Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by MinistryHome. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
Proprietary Rights in Content on MinistryHome.
By displaying or
publishing ("posting") any Content, messages, text, files, images, photos,
video, sounds, profiles, works of authorship, or any other materials
(collectively, "Content") on or through the Services, you represent and warrant that: (i)
you own the Content posted by you on or through the Services or otherwise
have the right, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the Services does not violate the
privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other
rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any
other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or
through the Services.
MinistryHome may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of MinistryHome violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. MinistryHome assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time MinistryHome chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Services, MinistryHome nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users. MinistryHome does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by MinistryHome prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of MinistryHome. MinistryHome makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Services. MinistryHome reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in MinistryHome's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Services and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of MinistryHome:
The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Website and through your use of the Services. MinistryHome reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in MinistryHome's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming";
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent; or
- criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, MinistryHome reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which MinistryHome deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk email, instant messages or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to MinistryHome, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay MinistryHome $50 for each such unsolicited email or other unsolicited communication you send through the Services;
- covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any MinistryHome page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
- any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Services or the networks or services connected to the Services;
- attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
- using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
- using any information obtained from the Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person; or
- using the Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of MinistryHome to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of prompt notification to MinistryHome by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. MinistryHome's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: Copyright Agent, MinistryHome 5408 230th St SW; Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043; and email: copyrightagent@MinistryHome.org.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other MinistryHome Members. MinistryHome reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
MinistryHome is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website or in connection with the Services provided, whether caused by Users of the Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Services. Profiles created and posted by Members on MinistryHome may contain links to other websites. MinistryHome is not responsible for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by MinistryHome. Inclusion of any linked website on MinistryHome does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by MinistryHome. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. MinistryHome takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on this Website or through the Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. MinistryHome is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Services. MinistryHome assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or Member communication. MinistryHome is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Services. Under no circumstances shall MinistryHome be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Services, attendance at a MinistryHome event, from any Content posted on or through the Services, or from the conduct of any Users of the Services, whether online or offline. The Services are provided "AS-IS" and as available and MinistryHome expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. MinistryHome cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Services.
Limitation on Liability.
IN NO EVENT SHALL MinistryHome BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF MYSPACE.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, MinistryHome'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO MinistryHome FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
U.S. Export Controls.
Software available in connection with the Services (the "Software") is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Services or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that such download or use is not in violation of any such law.
If there is any dispute about or involving the Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts of the State of Washington, City of Seattle. Either MinistryHome or you may demand that any dispute between MinistryHome and you arising out of this Agreement must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in Seattle, Washington.
You agree to indemnify and hold MinistryHome, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on the Website or through the Services causes MinistryHome to be liable to another.
MinistryHome will, at its discretion, allow for the return or replacement of any defective product within 10 days from the date of purchase. For recurring billing products, returns for more than one payment may be provided if requested within the standard 10 day return period. After 10 days all sales are final.
This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the Website or any of the Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and MinistryHome regarding the use of the Services. The failure of MinistryHome to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Please contact us at: support@MinistryHome.org with any questions regarding this Agreement.